As a current client or prospective client of Asset & Reputation Protection, we would like to take this opportunity both to thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Asset & Reputation Protection is a member of the financial services industry and, as such, our agency has been and continues to be subject to federal and state privacy laws regarding the collection and exchange of your information.
Information we collect and the means used to collect
Asset & Reputation Protection collects information about our clients that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Asset & Reputation Protection collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms—DMV, CLUE, Credit reports, etc.; this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address and date of birth.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us and our affiliates; this information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
To collect client information from the above-stated sources, Asset & Reputation Protection may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, by telephone, by facsimile, electronically and online.
How we share client information with nonaffiliated third parties
Asset & Reputation Protection does not share information about our clients or former clients with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Asset & Reputation Protection may share client information with non-affiliated third parties without your permission for the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by Asset & Reputation Protection to its clients include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the client places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Asset & Reputation Protection to comply with the law.
- Information requested by an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability.
Information sharing of which you may opt-out
Affiliate sharing of which you may opt-out: Unless you opt-out, we may share with our affiliated companies information about you, including, but not limited to: information we obtain from your insurance application, such as your income or your marital status; information we obtain from a consumer report, such as your credit score or credit history; information we obtain to verify representations made by you, such as your open lines of credit; and, information we obtain from a person regarding his or her employment, credit or other relationship with you, such as your employment history.
Our affiliated companies that may receive this information are:
Various insurance companies and brokerage firms we represent, or have brokerage agreements with, DMV, CLUE, providers.
Under no circumstances will we disclose any medical information other than as required or permitted by law.
How to exercise your right to opt-out of certain information sharing
To exercise your right to opt-out of certain information sharing, you must complete the attached “Opt-Out Form” below or mail the completed form to: P. O. Box, 7641, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. Your response must be postmarked no later than 30 days from the date you received this notice from us in person in order for it to be valid. If you do not mail this form back or do not mail it back within 30 days, you have not exercised your opt-out right, and we can share the information described.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those staff members who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the client.
- We will punish any staff member(s) who impermissibly share client information.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.
Asset & Reputation Protection
Please read the text below and decide whether you wish to exercise your right to opt out of the information sharing described. If you choose to exercise your right to opt out please complete the form below and hit the SUBMIT button.
Or, if you choose, you can print it out and mail it to us at: P. O. Box, 7641, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. Your response must be postmarked no later than 30 days from the date you received this notice from us in person in order for it to be valid. If you do not mail this form back or do not mail it back within 30 days, you have not exercised your opt out right, and we can share the information described.